Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Practical Tips

Last Sunday I finally got down and dirty and cleaned our toilet. After an hour, it looked so sparkly and white! I am so proud of myself because not only did I succeed in cleaning but also, I felt like I helped the environment by using baking soda and vinegar as my cleaning agents! How's that for a kitchen remedy in the bathroom --- doesn't smell as toxic as bleach too. So where did I get the idea of using vinegar and bicarb soda? Well, I have a few books in my library that comes in handy --- The Best Kept Beauty Secret by Diane Irons and Vinegar - The Complete Practical Handbook.




These two books are really handy, it has practical tips, household hints and beauty regimen using everyday kitchen products. They are not only effective but cheap as well.

Some tips that I actually use:
  1. Vinegar as my 'hair conditioner' once every six months. This not only keeps your hair softer, the vinegar washes away har impurities caused by too much hair products;
  2. Vinegar as fabric softener. I read somewhere that fabric softener actually contains harmful toxins.
  3. Use olive oil as hair conditioning, leave overnight for maximum effect;
  4. Vitamin E capsules are great for the face, peel it open and apply direct to your face. Vitamin C works as well;
  5. Mashed banana is good for the face and hair while mashed avocado is good for the skin.

These books are a good read and I often go back and browse it from time to time. And of course, to complete my beauty read, I flicked thru How to Wear High Heels and Dress Like a Star.

It is so much fun to be a girl!


p.s. yes, those are two french books at the side but haven't got the chance to perfect it just yet.

1 comment:

Tuttie said...

well done, gracy!

i love your books..ma-try nga na imong mga beauty secrets when i have the time hehe

murag ganahan ko anang olive oil overnight..hmn...