Friday, February 19, 2010

Hot peppermint tea

is my current obsession. I don't drink coffee nor tea when I was still in the Phils, well except for the occasional starbucks frap. On the few times that we eat at Hap Chang or any Chinese restos, friends would normally order house tea and i'll drink a few tea cups full.

Lately though, everytime I go out for dinner, I would always order hot peppermint tea for drinks. I read somewhere that the reason why chinese (korean and japanese) women are so thin is because they drink tea all the time. My Chinese officemate also told me to stop drinking cold water while eating because the fat in my food solidifies inside my body. That was a scary thought but I just can't eat without drinking water!

Last December in the US, I saw their vast collection of tea bags ---- from Peppermint to Rosehip to Chai, Green, Decaf and Herbal and many more. Too bad I only got a box of Decaf Green Tea from Walgreens (I forgot about it until the last minute).

This year, I started drinking hot tea regularly. At first, it was only during our weekend breakfast but now its becoming a daily habit and I love it!

While writing this, I'm on my second mug of peppermint hot tea --- no milk, no honey, no sugar. I should try a different flavour next time, maybe Japanese rice tea. Daisy, bring me some authentic japanese tea from Osaka please???


No comments: