Monday, February 01, 2010

God's Provision: Contentment

Last Friday, I got my daily gospel read from Manj. This is so timely for me. Inspite of the blessings I received from You, sometimes, I felt dissatisfied and always wanting more. Thank you for reminding me that its not always greener at the other side of the fence. You've given me the best and I have to be, need to be contented to be happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God's Provision: Contentment

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 1 Timothy 6:6-7 (NIV)

God promises to meet all your financial needs, if you (1) ask him for help and (2) learn to be content --
If you've ever seen a baby born, you know they don't come into the world with a whole lot. They're not holding onto cigars, cars and a stock portfolio. They don't come into the world with anything but a little umbilical cord and that quickly gets cut.

And then, at your funeral, you don't take anything with you. The Bible teaches that we should learn to be content.
What is contentment? Contentment means my happiness is not dependent upon circumstances. Most people get caught into "when" thinking: "When I get a certain job ... When I can retire ... When I get the house paid off ... When I get the bills paid off ... then I'll be happy!"

God says, "No, once you get there, you'll always want something else." If you don't learn contentment, you'll never be happy. You'll always want more.

"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can't take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content." (1 Timothy 6:6-8, NLT)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I am thankful:
1. For a stress-free job, a job where I can manage my own time. It may be far from home but I get along well with the people I work with and the work itself is very easy. And if I do need some challeges, all I have to do is ASK.
2. For a loving husband. Thank you for giving me my best friend, someone who I can talk to without fear of being rebuked, someone whom I can get serious and be goofy at the same time. Someone who sees the best and worst in me but still loves me just the same. Someone who always reminds me that I have the best job in the world which I need to be thankful for. I'm not ashamed to cry, laugh and be a kid in front of him. Thank you Lord for giving me my Agie.
3. For a healthy life.
4. For a loving family whom you keep safe in the Philippines.
5. For friends. I may not see them often but I know they are there when I need them.

No comments: