Friday, February 12, 2010

Cooking 101: Salmon and Black Beans

I was walking leisurely to the train station one Wednesday afternoon mulling what to cook for my baon. While doing a fridge inventory in my mind, I realized I bought salmon a few days ago --- should I bake or grill it for a healthy lunch? But I want to try something different. I remembered Shawie cooking salmon with black beans ages ago which was really yummy. A short phonecall later, I got the recipe and from memory its:

  • salmon
  • a bit of vinegar
  • a splash of olive oil
  • a bit of water
  • black beans
  • onions
  • one (or two) teaspoon of the black bean sauce.

Put all the ingredients in a pan, simmer for a couple of minutes (make sure not to overcook the salmon and don't over reduce the sauce) and voila, you'll have your salmon dish!


I tried the recipe at home with all the ingredients done in 'tantya'. Never a fan of taste testing a dish while cooking so I only had a bite after I turned off the cook top.


Taste: sweet (fresh salmon sweetness) and a bit on the salty side due to the black beans but still taste yum!!!

I took a photo of my creation and the photo did not do justice to the actual food. I really need to improve my presentation and photography skills! =)



1 comment:

Pam said...

parang familiar ung plate :))