Friday, March 16, 2007

My First Two Months

I’ve been in Australia for two months now, how time flies really, didn’t even realized that it was two months already since I boarded that Qantas flight from Manila to Sydney, two months since I carried the almost 50Kg of luggage with me from the airport to Martin Place Station, hahaha.

I will try to summarize all things I did in those two months:

Number of Days unemployed (Jan 12 not included as it is my arrival date): 2 days
Number of Employers: 2 (will be three starting Monday,hehe)
Number of Agencies registered : 3 (New job, new agent )
Number of interviews with possible employer: 4

Modes of transport to office (including time spent traveled):
First job: Walk to office (10 - 15 minutes leisure walking)
Second job: Train to City (20 minutes train ride)
Third job: Train and Bus to North Ryde (2 minutes train ride, 20 minutes bus ride)

Number of attractions visited: 3 --- Botanical Gardens, Sydney Opera House, Aquarium
Number of Events watched/attended: 3 --- Queen Mary II visit, Australian Day Celebration, Mardi Gras Parade (but this Sunday, I will join the Sydney Harbour Bridge walk and the Hill Song Recording concert, ---something to look forward to).

Number of Barbecue’s attended: 0
Number of Picnics joined: 0
Number of Beers drank every Friday: 0

So, judging from above, it seems that I haven’t toured much of Sydney yet!!! Well, I have my reasons: I am waiting for Wombat and I really don’t have the time to go visit the wonderful places I read in the travel book that I bought. My first three Saturdays was spent looking for a house, the next Saturdays were spent packing/unpacking things, assembling things, preparing for the housewarming etc… Now, I am going to Uni so not much time left to do all the “tourist-y” stuff. I would have toured Sydney had I not found a job so quickly but I am not complaining, it is very rare that a migrant like me is this successful in finding a job. Yes, I turned down a lot of offers simply because I do not want the job being offered or the pay is not that big. But in my new role come Monday, I hope it is what I expected it to be. It’s a very large organization, a big manufacturing company, an Australian icon. I hope I can make it there.

:-)


p.s. this Sunday, I will be attending two events and I will be uploading lots of pix next week, magbabago na finally ang pictures ko sa Friendster at Multiply,hehehe.

No comments: