Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New Home

We finally moved out from 1516B, the place we lived and breathed for the past 3 years and a half. Now, my current address is 712 (7th Floor, Rm 12) where the elevator has a mind of its own and decides when to be of use to everyone and when to take a break (unfortunately for me, the elevator failed me twice already, once when we were moving my heaviest bag and earlier today when I have to go to bank).

My first night at 712 is not that eventful, I didn’t sleep well coz I think I am alone, haven’t been able to talk to my new housemate yet. First night and all alone!!! But I was not scared, just very conscious of my surrounding. Good thing my tv is working (yippee, thanks Wombat for making sure that I have an operational tv to keep me sane in my new place), I can now keep track of my favorite shows. Next project is to have my dvd player fixed so that I can watched my fave shows again, and of course to finally learn French, Belly Dancing, etc. etc.

My bed (sofa bed) is not so comfy. I have backaches in the morning. I don’t know when this will last (the sofa bed, I mean).

I’m reporting night shift the whole week so I’ll be able to assess how sleep friendly in the day is our new home (and if proven not, then I can only buy dark curtains to keep the light from coming in. Not much choice for me as I have 6 months til my contract ends).

I would like to thank my Wombat for helping me in moving my things, for being there for me everyday and for keeping me company even if it means having to brave the rain, waking up earlier than usual and going home late in the evening. I really appreciated all the effort. I know we’ll have limited time together after this, but its all for the best.

May sense ba ang post na eto? If wala, then forgive me. I’m doing this while busy preparing for closing and audit, hehehehe.

No comments: