Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Three years and counting Part II

I can't believe how time flies so quickly these days. This week marks my 3rd year of being employed in THE Bread Co. Looking back at my list of employers, this is the longest I've been in a company. I have my highlights and lowlights while working here.

I love that...
I get free bread everyday which me and my friends enjoyed for the past 3 years;
I can come in early and leave early or come in late and but still leave early, hehe;
Our team is so multi-cultural, almost all race is represented;
Its easy for me to take long (Christmas) holidays when some people cannot take a day off during these times;
I am never stressed with this job, and can count with one hand the times I stayed after 5pm, yes, I considered staying after 4:30pm as overtime.

I hate...
how kurips the company is to the Finance Team (compared to how they treat Sales Team that is);
how the current performance evaluation is just not working! I haven't had my final appraisal for 2009 but I got my bonus and increase already. We're halfway thru the year and I haven't discussed my goals for 2010 yet! I've been receiving my reminder email for the appraisal but nothing is being done;
how sometimes I am really petiks. but at the same time i love being petiks coz I can sneak some studying time in between;
how far I my workplace from Tonggabbie is and the one hour commute to and from work. :(

Many times I thought of leaving this company to look for more challenging roles but Agie always tells me that I have the best job in the world!. No pressure, no overtime and no brainer at times. My officemate who came from P&G also told me to stick with the company because this is the most stress free job she have had that she sometimes forget its already month end! She was reminiscing her P&G days where she needs to come to the office even on a weekend to cope with month end tasks.

Big companies are just banking on their name to hire people but at times, they really have a crappy work environment. You'll never know it unless you're inside the organization. Which led me to believe that the grass is never greener at the other side of the fence. When I hear stories about friends getting good job with good pay, I get jealous. But when I hear them complain and work doubly hard, I feel blessed. I'm being paid good money here, don't get me wrong. I have had 5 increases over my 3 year stay here, nevermind that the two ones were just over 1% of my annual salary. But sometimes, I feel that there is so much more I can offer, so much more I can do. Its like I am an untapped talent waiting to be ignited. Its happening slowly, but being an impatient ME, I want it now (or probably not, hahaha).

This the perfect place for me now. I am happy to stay here for a year or two, but if there's a government job somewhere in the West, I would definitely jump ships!!! =)

No comments: