Saturday, October 08, 2011

Grilled Saturday

I was feeling hungry by this afternoon because hubby and I only had boiled corn for lunch. I was silently doing an inventory of food in our fridge and realized that I only had 2 pcs of chicken thigh in there and we are not going to the market until tommorrow. Then I remembered I had 4 pcs of small eggplants, a pizza base and some shredded cheese so the idea of having a grilled eggplant pizza came to mind.

I brought out my stove-top griller and put it on high heat while turning on the oven at the same time. I then salted the sliced eggplant to remove some of its moisture, then basted it with olive oil. When the pan was hot enough, I put on the sliced eggplant, turning it once for that char-grilled look.

The pizza was then prepped, with fresh basil from the garden, cheese, grilled eggplant, a bit of chili flakes and some pepper. I then put in on my Pizza Stone - something I bought a long time ago but only used today.

After 10 mins, the pizza is ready for eating. And its soooo delish!!! I will definitely make this more often, not as fattening as my meat-based pizza.



yummy grilled eggplant pizza cooked in my very own Pizza Stone

 nice grilled marks on my eggplant


Because my griller is still hot, I want to make full use of it. I checked my freezer and there's a Kransky (some kind of sausage which is really yummy!) inside. I defrosted it in the microwave for a minute, sliced and grilled it.

 yummy Kransky. I now have two tapas. =)

To make my grilling worthwhile, I took out the chicken thigh, defrosted it a bit, then rubbed dry spice (lemon pepper spice) and salt to it then off to the griller. The smell coming from the kitchen is so divine. I want to have dinner at 4pm! But because of the pizza we ate, we have to wait for 6pm to have my grilled dishes.


grilled chicken rubbed with dry spice.

All these cooking made me want to create a food blog, haaay... Last weekend, while homealone, I cooked these three dishes I got from my new fave food blog Casa Veneracion. Yum, yum, yum!!!


tuna spring roll.
 beef salpicao


creamy baked chicken and potatos with yogurt (instead of cream)

There are still a number of dishes from her site that I really want to try, I have a list and one day I can tick off everything from that list. =)

So, what's cooking in your kitchen this Saturday afternoon?


No comments: