Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sydney or Melbourne

When I was still waiting for my Visa, I was consciously checking out Melbourne. I stayed there for two months in 2005 and I love the place. Maybe it helped that I was there during springtime, weather was manageable (not crazy, have not experienced the ‘four season in one day’ thing), great transportation system, CBD not too crowded, and not mention a very multicultural place.

Now that I got my Visa, I am suddenly having second thoughts in going to Melbourne. Maybe it’s because of the colder winter, availability of jobs and limited friends who settled there. However, I’m also hesitant to go to Sydney because I am not familiar with the place. When I’m browsing for jobs online, I cannot picture how far the place is from the CBD and if it is accessible to public transportation (I can’t afford a car since I’m going there with limited budget). Most of my friends went to Sydney and everyone got a job as soon as they landed. That thought gives me hope that in Sydney I will be employed without a hitch. This alone is telling me that I should go to Sydney, but I am not convinced…

I need to decide soon. I need to buy my ticket. I need to organize my life!!!Well, at least I have enrolled in Driving School, one To Do already done. :-)


No comments: