Monday, July 17, 2006

Goodbye


My housemate-college buddy-groupmate bade me goodbye this morning before dragging her two big luggages inside the cab for the airport. As of writing (around11 am), she’ll probably be in Japan, trying hard not to fall asleep (since she didn’t sleep last night due to last minute packing) so as not to miss her connecting flight to Detroit (before catching yet another plane to her final destination – San Jose California).

It was a short goodbye; no tears were shed. Maybe it has not sunk in yet, or maybe we just don’t want to see each other crying.


Am I sad? Definitely. Joy’s leaving means no one's gonna tell me to use my head when I'm falling inlove with @$$h0**$; no one to join me watch Friends and laugh and laugh again even if we watch it over and over again; no one to share my excitement with; no one to borrow chick lit from. The list could go on and on.

What makes her departure doubly sad is that we need to move out from our apartment as well. We (X, Bam and I) cannot afford the monthly rental of our house anymore. :( It's another change from a big, roomy apartment to a small, kinda crowded condo.

I hope and pray that:
... she made it to her connecting flight (without hassle)
... her luggage is not that heavy
...Jong will pick her up in San jose and help her with her luggages
...she will like it in San Jose
...she will not miss home that much
...she will not let anyone bully her
...she will survive!!!

Joy, sail away! Fly High! Good Luck! God Bless! and see you soon. :-)

No comments: