Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My MCN Stash

two in one One Size Fits Most (OSFM) nappies
My trial use of modern cloth nappies (MCN) was a success and I've decided to do it full time during the day when I am at home. Because I have the microfiber inserts, I need two inserts so I don't have to change hourly. With my initial stash, it meant I only have 6 nappies available for use and I have to wash them daily. So I've decided to increase my stash.

I checked EBay and Gumtree for China cheapies as I can't justify paying $30/nappy for Aussie made ones when the China-made does the same work. I got lucky and found $3 per nappy with insert included, and any additional insert will only cost me a dollar! How's that for a bargain. This particular seller also have printed nappies for $6 a piece, not bad at all. So I ordered enough nappies and inserts to enable me to do the laundry every two/three days.

Once you've used MCNs and shift to disposables, you'll notice how awful the 'sposies smell! Hopefully, I can get one or two night nappies so I can say goodbye to disposables for good. It's better for Abie's bum, better for our pocket and better for the environment too.

So far, I've spent $87 for my 16 nappies and 32 inserts. For washing, i use baking soda and vinegar so its really cheap! I also joined the Annual Cloth Nappy Hunt and hopefully, I'll win something from the sponsors (really eyeing the night nappies or even night boosters).

Cloth nappy is really easy to use and becoming popular nowadays. Why not try it on your next bub?

cute nappies 

No comments: