Friday, August 10, 2012

Modern Cloth Nappies

I've been doing nappy-free time for Abie daily for about 30 minutes because her bottom is a bit red. I've tried a number of nappies and there's really none that makes the redness go away.

Then last Monday, I noticed a small cut while changing her and decided right then and there to shift to cloth nappies when I'm just at home.

I went to EBay and found a reasonably priced Modern Cloth Nappy (MCN) - $40 for 10 pcs plus 12 inserts. They offered free delivery too so by Thursday I got the nappies, washed and dried them and we are trialling it now.

The MCNs are sooo cute! Thing is, it needs three washes to get the maximum absorption so I had to change it every hour. So far so good. I also got the nappy liner so when baby will do #2, I don't have to wash a poo-full MCN. The liners are cheap at $2.50 for 100 liners.

If this trial is successful, I will shift to MCN full time by ordering 10 more! It's cheaper than disposable in the long run and good for baby's bum and environment as well.

Hopefully I can say goodbye to red bum forever!!!



Check mylittleripple.com.au, that's where I got these cute nappies. I am also researching more about MCNs and there are tips and tricks on how to go about using these. 

No comments: