Friday, August 20, 2010

I Survived!

When hubby told me that he will be gone for 3 weeks for an out of town engagement, I was a bit scared because it meant being alone in the house for the first time! Sleeping over at my friends place in Chatswood was on option but the thought of bringing my clothes, toiletries and make up, not to mention missing my own bed is just too much for me. So I bravely faced the month of August, home alone.

The first Sunday was the hardest, I was too scared of being on my own in our new(ish) place. Every creaking sound of the house, every garage being opened, every car passing thru, every little noise from outside ---- all these seemed to be magnified 10x. I can hear everything!!!

Mondays are better, straight from work, I would watch the primetime news, prapare my dinner and lunch box, surf the Net and then watch Friends. I am so grateful that Daisy lent me Seasons 6 - 9 of Friends, it kept me sane for the days that Agie is not around. I also have two dvds of Zumba and I enjoyed dancing and sweating around the house. Best nights of all is Thursday - the last day of the week that I am alone, I normally slept peacefully and with excitement that Hubby is coming home the next day.

And this has been my life for three weeks. And today, Hubby is coming home for good! No more packing every Sunday, no more lonely, scary, creepy Sunday nights, no more Friends marathon too (or maybe a few episodes here and there, I have purchased 4 seasons from Ebay already so before long, I would have the complete set! Yehey. I really missed my Friends box set, I just hope its not collecting dust in the Phils). And since Agie is back, no more take away food for me, I can go back to cooking, baking and experimenting in the kitchen. Best of all, we can go out driving anytime, yahoo!!!

Life is good. Happy Friday! =)

1 comment:

lala said...

yey!! no more lonely nights hehe...miss na miss ko na rin ang pugi kong asawa :-)