Friday, August 20, 2010

Dreaming of Melbourne

The FB status of Lanie asking if it is okay to live in Melbourne got me thinking again. Last year, when Agie and I were looking for a house, moving to Melbourne was one of our options. There's something in Melbourne that I really liked. Its more slow-paced than Sydney, I felt people were friendlier and the City is a box so its easier to walk from point A to B. And of course I have good memories of Melbourne, always nice to revisit the places we went when we had our SITI training. Plus, house prices in Melbourne is lower than that of Sydney, if that is the only consideration, I would have moved there without hesitation.

But the main consideration in moving is a job. If only there's a job there that we can transfer to, we would not hesitate to move. I would not hesitate to move. Melbourne is my first love and will always be.

In 2008 and early 2009, there are heaps of opportunity in our Melbourne office because our Meat and Dairy Division was expanding. But now, the operation have stabilised and there are only a few openings every now and then. If only Agie have a job offer in Melb too, I would convince him to move.

Lianne is moving, Lanie and Cesar might move. Ellyn wants to follow Lianne. I want to go too.

So here's the plan. In 2012, we would have built an equity in our home, enough for us to use it as a deposit for a new property. If that happens, we can look for a place to buy in Melb and have our town house rented. The rent could cover our amortization and we will now on the road to owning a second home in another state. Wouldn't be that great???

Oh, on another note, Lianne is saying that Melbournites have this perception of Sydneysiders being hardworking blokes so they offer them higher salaries than Melbournites, hmmm...
I can't wait to discuss this with hubby. =)

This is Melbourne, the living city. Melbourne the place to be...

1 comment:

lala said...

yey!! let's go to melby :-)