Friday, September 08, 2006

Good or Bad – you decide

I woke up at around 4 pm today after a very good night (day) sleep. I am still a bit sleepy so I lazed around. It was a rather cold afternoon so I decided to sleep until 5pm. At around 5, I woke up, took a bath and started my morning ritual. I had difficulty deciding what to wear since I was not able to get my laundry (and I only have limited slacks to choose from). When I was fully dressed, a heavy rain poured down from heaven (hehe). I didn’t want to go out with that kind of downpour so I decided to stay a bit and watch the evening news.

After 30 minutes, the rain stopped. I went out of the room as fast as I can for fear of another downpour.

As soon as I reached the elevator area, I noticed a paper taped at the door, upon closer look, it was the announcement of the ongoing repair. I have no choice but to use the stairs (remember we are situated at the 7th floor), good thing my legs are no longer aching (from the week-end’s Grotto climb). Upon reaching the gate, I noticed the pool-like water (“baha” in other words), right outside the gate. I moved the gate a little bit and jumped to the other side and continued my walk to the newly renovated street. I even congratulated myself for that little jump (which saved me from getting my feet wet).

I was supposed to go straight to Santillan road but noticed it was also flooded (the street I mean), so I had to go back and walked thru the newly renovated street. I noticed the other side of Pasay Road (near Waltermart) is already filled with (ankle-deep) water. I passed by Pedicab driver who asked me "Makati Square?" for which I ignored since I have no intention of riding the pedicab for just a few minutes/meters walk. As soon as I reached Kamayan (?) I noticed that the surrounding area is flooded.

Oh my God! Where should I walk??? All taxis are taken. I was thinking of riding the jeep to Mantrade but the water near Waltermart is a bit high. I don't want my feet to get wet (with all the kadiri things you can imagine afloat the water). I was still thinking how to go to the office when I noticed an empty pedicab with the driver motioning me to ride. I walked to their area and asked what area is not flooded. They said "there, why, where are you going?". I told them I am bound for Ayala. They mentioned they can transport me to McDo for 30 pesos. I agreed.

All streets we passed by (Santillan area) is really flooded. I even had to keep my feet high to prevent it from getting wet. All of Pasong Tamo is really flooded. I can only think of all the dirty things and virus one can get if ever one decides to brave the street! I have to give it to the driver, he knows how to maneuver the flooded streets like pro. I was dropped near de la Rosa and I gave the driver 50 pesos since it was a difficult drive from Pasay Road.

Luckily, there was no more rain and no more flood in the area near McDo. I went to the office (side tracked a bit at KFC and bought my bfast) and came in early for my 9pm telecon.

Was it a good day? Yes! despite the heavy downpour and the flooded street, i was able to sleep well and not an inch of my feet got wet. I was even very productive at the office. The only downside was that I did not see Wombat. I was hoping he would go to KFC (when I said i was buying food). But its okay, I know he has difficulty getting a ride and he needs to study. :-)

By the way, during the pedicab-ride, I was tempted to bring out my camera and take a couple of shots but I was afraid someone might rob me (thinking of Rochelle's experience). I didn't even texted anyone of my predicament because i don't want people to notice that I have a phone and camera with me, lest I expose myself to the bad motives of some person.

So, I let a very good photo opportunity pass. :-( To compensate, i have this fave photo "pose" to share with you. :-)


No comments: