Monday, September 25, 2006

Elevator Story 3

Our elevator failed me again, not once but countless times this week.

Imagine:
…going home at 12 midnight/ 1am after a hard day’s work, moving fast enough so that you can still catch that elusive sleep, but, lo and behold --- the elevator is not working at this hour!!! Grrr… I climbed the 90+ steps in the middle of the (dead) night.
…haven’t got enough sleep, woke up late, moved as fast as I could, went to the elevator area, pressed the button – it turned red, yey!!! Waited for a few seconds… red light went out but door not opening tsk..tsk… Pressed it again, it turned red and then nothing. The elevator decided to go on strike, again!!!
…wearing my highest heels to work (or gimmick before work) and only to find out I have to trek the 90+ steps down because the elevator is not working!!!

Reasons why the elevator fails me:
1. Para pumayat ako (its no joke having to use the stairs when you’re at the 7th floor);

2. The 2nd (3rd, 4th , 5th , 6th or 8th ) floor doors are being repainted (why haven’t I seen this done in our floor???);
3. The benz-owner at the 8th floor is keeping the elevator all to himself…
4. Those people at the 2nd floor are too lazy to use the stairs in going up/down… there are too many of them… elevator can’t cope with the number.
5. I really don’t know. Ayoko na mag speculate, basta, di nag wo-work ang elevator naming, waaaaaahhhhhhhhh….

No comments: