Monday, May 07, 2007

officially a credit officer

I am now officially a member of George Weston Groups.

I was offered the chance to be part of the group two weeks ago and I have made my decision then and there to accept the offer, but of course with the right compensation package.

My Agent is very interested in knowing if I got the offer and if I accepted it. He practically called me everyday since Wednesday to check if I got my offer, so when I finally got it, I called him. My guess is he is not too happy about it since he'll lose his commission from my hourly rate for the next six months, my forecasted length of temporary assignment, hahahaha. But of course, he will receive a one-time fee from George Weston for placing me there. Being an Agent is quiet a lucrative job, huh.


So, what does it mean to be a permanent employee?:
1. I have leave credits --- 10 days SL, 20 days VL (hmmm, I need to schedule my vacations)
2. I am now paid during holidays, yehey!!!
3. I can participate in performance bonus ;-)
4. I can go to the office anytime from 8am to 6pm, but only required to stay for 7.5 hours.
5. I have free bread every single day!!!


So, my official start date is 14th of May 2007, which, incidentally, is my birthday. And, on my first day, I will take my first day of leave,hahahahahaha. I told my Manager that I need to take the day off and she is okay with me "borrowing"from leave credits,hehehe. Kapal..hehehe.


And since my bday is nearing, I got myself a birthday present:



Fuji FinePix S6500fd


My next target: to be a good photographer. Time to use the photography book again, that is if the Post Office will finally deliver my package to me. :-)

No comments: